- Bring hope through increased awareness, educational opportunities and events that work towards the goal of “Zero Suicides”.
- Support healing through postvention efforts and responses to individuals, families and groups following the loss of a loved one to suicide.
- Promote life by rallying the Rensselaer County community to partner with us in prevention, support and advocacy.
- Who? We promote the adoption of “zero suicides” as a Task Force and work to prevent suicides collaboratively as local organizations, volunteers and community partners.
- What? We provide a timely response to suicides in our community by providing resources and support in line with best practice guidelines. We collaborate with community partners: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Suicide Prevention Center of NY and the Office of Mental Health.
- Where? We meet the needs of family, friends, colleagues, schools, organizations, churches and any entity, within Rensselaer County.
- When? We meet bi-monthly in Rensselaer County, please call, email, or follow our Facebook page for meeting dates and times.
- How? We utilize a multi-level approach to preventing suicide that engages the entire community and challenges all who have an interest in saving lives through collaboration.
*Resources *Conferences *Suicide Intervention Skills Trainings *School-Based Peer to Peer * Awareness Campaigns * Networking Events * Advocacy
WE NEED YOU!
Please join us, we are actively recruiting school personnel, members of the media, representatives from higher education community, local provides of mental health and health services, members of clergy, those who serve specific populations (LGBTQ, Seniors, Individuals with Disabilities, etc.) and anyone who supports the goal of “zero suicides”.
St. Peters Health Partners American Foundation for Suicide Prevention * Rensselaer County Department of Mental Health * Rensselaer County Department of Health * Rensselaer County Department of Aging * Suicide Prevention Center of NY * Unity House * Empowerment Exchange * New York State Office of People with Developmental Disabilities* Questar III * Northeast Career Planning * Daniel D Purcell Funeral Home * Northern Rivers* Mental Health Association of New York State* Damian Center *
Here is a PDF version of our informational flyer for you to share: